IDENTIFICATION is a social survey carried out through polls, discussions, public lectures, art events dedicated to the following topics:
- Cooperation between the authorities (local authorities, Ministry for Culture etc.) and artists who work in public spaces, sponsors (managers and coordinators of art projects, activists and local communities, society as whole). Search for a common ground.
- Working out methods to evaluate demands of local communities for art objects in public spaces (assistance to form such a demand).
- Control by local and professional communities over the use of public spaces.
- Art projects in pubic space: consumation or interaction.
- The history of appearance of art objects in public spaces. The extent to which urban residents are engaged in decision-making about objects and financing.
- The goal of the project is to find an appropriate mechanism of interation between communities, artists, experts and authorities when art objects are installed in public spaces.
- to promote relevance of art in public spaces
- to identify problems in decision-making mechanism and interaction with the community while decision on installation of art objects in public spaces being made
- to attract attention of society to current problems related to appearance of art objects in public spaces
- to develop a dialogue between all key actors in this sphere
- to define possible ways for efficient interation between all parties concerned
- to work out advice on efficient interaction.
In the framework of IDENTIFICATION project, strategic meeting "Art in public places" was held on May 30, 2015, as well as The Change Lab took place on October 17-18, 2015.